Thursday, October 29, 2009

Solitude

I tilt my head slightly. Propped against the wall. The wind chills the unshielded pallor of my face. I instinctively place a palm down on the cheek. While I allow my eyelids get a tad heavier. Until they fall..and shut. And I’m gently lulled to sleep. Sometimes I wish things just stop here. Where I’m all alone with nobody else. Where the only sound I hear comes from the iPod. Where I chase after my every thought to put it down on paper. Because this is when my heart becomes the loudest. Its every jolt, trip, plummet – amplified. It’s where the centre of my life lies. Where the only one I want to please in this world is. I wonder if people ever listen to their hearts anymore. Sometimes when it’s mind over matter, things lose control. But the heart never fails to find its way.

No comments: