Saturday, January 30, 2016

Awakening

Hush, the night is gone, said you to me.
I wind down the windows and take a peek outside. The air is still and the light of dawn awaits. Morning breaks through but all that creeps into the day is no different from the night. These moments a lone traveler weeps as the life filtered through the glass passes her by. She lifts her chin a fraction and ruminates on what she has forsaken. A bite on the lip says it is all for a reason which she knows not. Uncomfortably concealed beneath the veneer of valiance was an escapist. Two hearts met, and one lay inside the other. It had room to put together again hers which was ripped asunder. When, tell me, when? 

Remain in my love, said you to me.
I scramble in darkness, desperately trying to get hold of you, your cloak...something. My stiffened fingers grow cold as the fervor in me quickly ebbs away. The chains seem to have broken, for the sound of my nails scratching against the metal has ceased striving. The tabs come back to hound me, and I run, but my feet would not carry me. Your gossamer coat of presence I shed and gave away in exchange for my dark fears. I wrap them in layers and wear them around me. Tell me, if that is so, have I hidden away or have you left me first? 

Yet another lies in wait, this now I hear.
That I asked for, I had none. That you promised, I scarcely received. Make me believe that delay is not denial. The distance is shorter and I am beginning to lose count. Here comes where these seasons of anguish could only be embraced in silent acquiescence. Words no longer serve to name all which I have been battling. A fighter mocks the escapist, and believes victory lies ahead for her to claim. But a victor in what sense she purposes herself to be, the mocked questions. Walking away is not cowardice, if it has put up resistance at the expense of her health. A pair of reasons leads to the day of the answer. While I wait in the dark, you ask for me to speak. Let me tell you, said me to you. Let me tell you, if I will still love you, even when my eyes continue to fail me.

No comments: