Thursday, July 23, 2009

Round trip

Head against the glass pane, staring out at the chilly scene. The wind is howling. People are whipping out umbrellas, dashing to that busstop. The busstop where I've been to countless times last year. I adjust my heavy head a little and my gaze shoots straight to that building. Hasn't changed much, has it? I haven't forgotten how much it wrecked my heart every time I walked out of it, how I fought to quell those tears that just wouldn't go away, how the humid air choked my throat. I remember the night when I tucked you in bed while I sang Jesus loves me with the kids. You were falling fast asleep........that looked so peaceful. I really wished time stopped there. On the night when I walked out of the hospital for the last time, I finally let go of those selfish thoughts. I knew you'd have it so much better in heaven. I cried the hardest in my entire life. It's been a year since.....How have you been? Maybe you're reading this with Jesus now. Just wanted to let you know, I miss you and definitely love you still, every day. One year has passed. Means a step closer to heaven, a step closer to you. Thank God there's Him, or I would never know how to face this. You've always been in my thoughts, dearest grandmom.

No comments: