Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reality (Or not)

For the past few weeks I experienced surreal moments of a few minutes where I could not separate myself from my state of dream. Each one probably lasted only a few minutes but the presence of this unfamiliar semi-reality was telling. My brains felt exhausted as though my thoughts raced incessantly in my entire duration of sleep. I vaguely recalled a few intensive dreams I had and it seemed like I was in Inception. Basically I just woke up and felt like I did not belong.

I consider this a threat to my existence because for a good three minutes I could not find myself and I forgot the names of the people I love. I am afraid that these three minutes would one day find a way to last. But I will not be able to end the moment because I am paralyzed in that moment.

I am also aware that it is an abstract idea I am problematizing and maybe there is really no such dimension that is trying to infiltrate my life after all. I have no idea when I would encounter this alternate state again but I surely need more sleep.

No comments: