Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another

I am not unaware that maturity sets in at different stages in different people. But it can get annoying when I find people being unable to see things the way I do, but viewing things in a one-sided manner, being over-anal about insignificant details. I understand that some people cry, scratch their heads, and ultimately find themselves back at square one. But seriously, many things just lie within one self. Whether you want to, or not. There isn't any 'I can't' if you could just stop shutting that option out even before you measure the possibilities. When things seem not you, it calls for a change. A change within. Is it so hard to comprehend, even?
Every day, judgments are passed. Within you, within me. Unfiltered, scathing remarks. Words carelessly dished out. It's very simple. You hand in a report and when it comes back, the comments down in red ink on the side read 'flawed assumptions'. You have been judged. Nobody likes this feeling. Because nobody really knows what we're like, so how can anyone just judge us based on what they think? But isn't this the way society functions? People live with judgments because they think it gives them a mind of their own. But what happens if you've misjudged? A lapse in judgment? Truth is, you'll never know. Ever since I've read that we too have flaws that we ourselves are utterly blind to, I always check myself when people around me start judging others. When I see and become clear of my own flaws, what others are judged by don't matter anymore. I don't wanna join in any of such judgements, but thoughts inclined to them would unwittingly surface in my head. Contradicting....isn't it? Conforming is the last thing I'd wanna do, and rejoice, because despite the circumstance I always manage to find peace, where things are between only God and myself. ^^

No comments: