Saturday, April 11, 2009

I haven't read TKMB for ages. Haha how I used to do that so frequently I never wanted to touch it again. No more TKMB, no more Atticus, no more Aunt Alexandra, no more 'coexistence of good and evil', no more 'superficiality of women'. No more Vinod, no more Saloma, bird, symbols, robbery the turning point, no more vulnerabilities and insecurities. No more enjambment, rhyme, repetition, metaphor, imagery. I remember how I used to argue through every piece of essay.. the adrenaline rush when my head's bombarded with thoughts and my hand can't stop writing....how pensive I was whenever I sat down and analysed the question like how Ms Rani always did. I really miss having Lit lessons, writing Lit essays, penning down my most original thoughts. I have always loved Lit, because it's the only subject that makes me feel most myself. Because when I write, I use my own points, I have my own stand, and I support it to win and convince the reader over. Because they are the most original, unaltered ideas that come from me, myself. And I feel good every time I am able to complete an essay thoroughly with all my innermost thoughts voiced out.

I really miss Lit. Really. It has always been my passion...but why did I give it up?

No comments: