Monday, January 19, 2009

Unafraid

Recently I've been thinking a lot about my life- what I've been through, what I enjoy doing most, and what I want. I'm turning 17 soon, and I realised, how one reacts towards certain things actually affects how decisions are made. Most of the time in a way that's too subtle that it seems like a natural instinct. As we grow, we learn to look at things from a slightly different perspective and in so doing, we mature. Every new experience leads to a new discovery, and becomes a testimony of our own. By scripting down every single thought and reflection, we're actually sharing. Opinions may differ, but at some point in our lives, we would have to agree that experiences are the best teachers of life. There're so many decisions to make, so many paths to choose from, so many lessons of life I have and have not learnt. I may have to struggle to come to terms with the ugly, harsh facts of life that I'll face and right now I have absolutely no idea what is in store for me. Would I remain undaunted and unfazed by people who make my life miserable? Would I stay strong and unfaltering should things get too tough? Would I be able to overcome all odds, and emerge as someone closer to God? I do not know, but thank God I have Him, "for His compassions never fail" (Lamentations 3:22). No matter where I go, I would know for sure, I can always rely on Him, for I know He loves me, and this is a reason good enough for me to learn to live up to His expectations, to be someone worthy of His love. I'm really glad, God's always here for me. With His safe reassurance, I don't think there's anything to be afraid of .^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Let's go out together soon! Clique steamboat needs to be planned again. If not we can go out this week and chill or something? You want.

Est, your generous friend that really brought chocolates from nz for you but just so happen to forget to bring. (NOT FROM NTUC)

Anonymous said...

Okay but chels called me ystd and said she's going back to indo soon... ugh. k my chocs.